Thursday, March 29, 2012

PowerPoints and YouTubes

I'm sure I'll discuss the Super Secret Stuff we've been working on so fiercely next week. So this week's update will be a little lighter.

First, Power Point. Abby Coers and I have been working on a ReadWriteThink power point template for our presentations. Perhaps this is not an impressive task to be working on, but neither is it an easy one! Our current template has been in use for years, and we felt it didn't show case the coolness and the techy-ness of the site. We wanted something that grabbed viewers. Something that popped out and just look awesome.

We're got a few designs in the works, now. I think we are narrowing down the options to two, and then we'll build them out and show them to the team. I'm really excited, and Abby has done and excellent job crafting these and working with the colors.

I am admittedly color stupid. It's like being color blind but without the excuse of something being wrong with you.

I also really like tie-dye. I'm even wearing a tie-dye shirt as I type this. A very bright and colorful one.

I'll share some of our designs in the next few weeks--I'm excited how this project is turning out.

Abby and I have also been working on the ReadWriteThink YouTube page! We have a bunch of videos on the RWT.org site, but we've never moved any to YouTube where they can more easily be shared on FaceBook or through other social sites. It's a slow-going process only because it is low priority, and we need to steal some moments for the uploading.

Actually it is the writing of the descriptions and filling in of the RWT Channel that is the most time-consuming part, and neither of us have had many spare moments to get to that.

It's not bare. It's just not as fully fleshed out as we want it. But it's good to have March goals.

IRA Convention is coming up fast, and we still have a lot to do with that.

Oh man! I was suppose to talk about the QR codes this time. URG! OK, well, I guess I'll need to be really on top of this blog in the next couple weeks, cause a lot of coolness is coming down the pipeline and I want to share all the news with you.

Oh, and a big shout out to the whole RWT crew (authors, reviewers, contributers, editors, visitors alike), we just had our Best Month EVER! Yup, in Feb--shortest month of the year--RWT had over 2 MILLIONS views. First time we've ever broken 2 million in a month, and we are so excited!

Thanks to everyone who has helped us achieve this. We look forward to more great months to come.

Talk to you soon,

Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment