Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Getting back to work

And now we are back! What a busy-fun week that was. I had hoped to get a couple blogs posted from convention, but I didn't have time during the day and didn't have a computer with me at night. I could have done it from my phone, I suppose, but I don't care for writing anything long that way.

Maybe next year I'll have some sort of tablet device with me.

I thought the IRA Convention was a smashing success. I got to talk a bit to Kenny and Riley from Page Turner Adventures -- always fun to see them. Didn't get a chance to get in any shoots with them this year, though. Drats! Another missed opportunity to saturate the the 'net with more of me!

[Collective sign of relief heard from all other RWT Editors--and every other coworker around me]

Our two sessions were packed this year, standing room only. That was pretty cool. Big thanks to our presenters for making the sessions a success. The sessions were taped, and the links will be shared online soon, so if you missed it, you'll be able to catch them.

And now that I'm thinking back to it, I should have taken some pictures of people scanning out QR code! I heard from a few attendees that they had a lot of fun looking for the RWT QR codes we had scattered around the convention. We're still tallying entries, and should be alerting winners soon.

A lot of things were left in the works while we were gone, and now that we're back, they are ready for review and further processing. The redesign of the old Character Trading Card interactive, for one. I've already been playing with the new card creator this morning, and I am thoroughly liking it! I hope to share that link out with you later this week, once we've had an internal review. I'm excited about this one!

There's always more to talk about, but that would put me in to more long-winded than usual, so I'll stop now. More convention and post-convention updates later this week or possibly next week.

'Cause it is going to be a busy week!

Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment